Monday, May 7, 2012

ELC.






Words can not describe the experience of ELC. All the hard work and service that you put towards this one week really pays off. I think the best part was realizing how our grade reacted around each other, we had to spend a lot of more time together, but surprisingly it was amazing! We all got really tight and had many bonding moments. That week was the first time we didn't have conflicts with each other. Apart from spending so much time together, during that time we participated in many activities. My favorite activity was Rock Climbing!! It made me feel like I had to work for my goal; I went blindfolded and with the help of Emma Smith reached the top! Another class that I really enjoyed was the Superior Hike; when we reached our destination, the view was beautiful. I also did the Polar Plunge; this wasn't exactly in our schedule, but most of the grade ended up doing it. We all jump in the freezing water with our clothes on and afterwards warmed up by the fire. This idea came from the mind of Alex Emanuelson; what a genius. Another thing I had fun doing was the Stream Study class! I learned a lot in this class but the best part of it was the fact that Jennifer Schroepfer caught a crayfish!!!! The food there wasn't the best , you are basically always hungry so you will eat it even it you don't like it. We also had a class called First Games, this was really fun; you had to really work together! We got basically the whole grade over a twelve foot wall which was challenging, but really fun!!! We had most of the strongest guys get over first to help the rest of us from the top. ELC was an amazing experience and if I could go back and do it again, I would in a heartbeat. I hope all the future grades have as fantastic of a time as we did!! The pictuer above is of all us girls that did the Polar Plunge.

1 comment: