Tuesday, May 1, 2012

What is Work?

When I think of what I want to be when I am older, I don't really think of "Dream Jobs"; I think of practical jobs. I know work isn't always going to be the most fun thing necessarily, but I still want to have a job on a subject that I am passionate about. If I could think of my ultimate "Dream Job", it would be to be an Olympian Swimmer. I obviously know that's not going to happen, which is why when I get asked what I want to be when I am older, I think of jobs that would pay pretty good and also I would enjoy doing. You don't always get paid when you work; some people volunteer places just to be a good person. When I get a job in high school I will probably end up working at a restaurant or waterpark, someplace that pays around minimum wage. I won't need money for a lot of things in high school, my parents will still be providing the basics for me, but when I graduate from high school and also college, I will need to buy a house, pay phone bills, I will also probably need a car. These things that need to be paid for are reasons why I would need a job that pays higher. I want to be a nutritionist when I get out of college, because if I find the right place to work, it can get high pay and nutrition is something I am interested in.
    
   image by:  The Wolf





2 comments:

  1. Mattie,
    You have the ability to put your thoughts together well. You have a clear, practical, balanced perspective about work. Enjoy discovering where you will apply your gifts.
    Mrs. B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. How INTEREST-ing....I never thought of it that way and you opened my eyes to new ideas and possibilities....Your words are very encouraging and optimistic and I think you could possibly have a future of a professional blogger!

    Keep blogging,

    BESTBLOGGER101

    ReplyDelete